Thursday, April 14, 2011

All She Could Say Was Wow

Wow #1:  Second blog post in one day!  Woo hoo! 

Wow #2:  My first grader asked me today if she could use the computer.  After snack and homework, I told her she could play on the computer for 30 minutes.  After 30 minutes she begged for more time.  When I investigated, I discovered that she had been working on a PowerPoint presentation about teachers.  Just because.  I didn't even realize that she knew how to manage the software, but evidently she does.  She added clipart, photographs, and played with fonts and background colors.  It's just amazing to me.  We do affectionately call her "Techno Monkey," but I was still surprised by the presentation.  Here it is:
Noooooo.  Not working.

Wow #3: Uploading a PowerPoint presentation into my blog is not as easy as adding a photo or video.  Based on my google search, I first have to upload it to a file sharing site, or upload it to a conversion site.  Hmmm. I might have to get the kids to bed first.

Okay, now I've gone onto Blogger help, and I am going to try to do this.  And I also went to Husband Help--my personal IT guy. 

And it worked!  Sort of.  I now can see her PowerPoint presentation in my blog post.  However, I had to convert it first to an older version of PP, and when I did, most of her clipart flipped upside down.  I think it adds to its visual impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment